warning icon
YOUR BROWSER IS OUT OF DATE!

This website uses the latest web technologies so it requires an up-to-date, fast browser!
Please try Firefox or Chrome!

OAKLAND PRODUCTIONOAKLAND PRODUCTION


Quality is our number one goal at OAKLAND LV Ltd. Lumber used in our facility is kiln dried to exact standards of moisture content needed to assure lasting quality. Boards are then carefully milled to create ready-to-finish, 20.5mm thick flooring planks in widths of 120, 140, 160, 180 and 200mm all with precise tongue and groove configuration for easy installation. They are properly packaged to make all handling and installation easier. Shrink-wrapped packages protect each pallet of flooring from atmospheric moisture and dust.

As a natural product, wooden flooring boards always have variations in colour, texture and appearance and other visual imperfections.

Solid oak flooring is produced according to European standards, which permit a defect tolerance up to 5%. These defects may be the result of manufacturing or naturally occurring characteristics of the material. Therefore 5% cutting or grading allowance must be added to the total floor area when calculating the quantity of flooring for straight installations and 10 % allowance for diagonal installations.

WE PRODUCE TWO GRADES OF WOOD:

PREMIUM GRADE

is selected with minimal knots. Some pinhole knots up to 2mm will be present.

 

NATURAL / RUSTIC
is vibrant with plenty of life and colour, which adds traditional charm and warm look to your floor. It may contain knots up to 75mm, some sapwood and colour variation.

 

SELECT

 

STANDARD PRODUCTION – NATURAL/RUSTIK, SELECT AND PREMIUM
− Thickness – 20.5 mm ± 0,5 mm;
− Width – 120/140/160/180/200 mm ± 0,3% of width;
− Length – Boards supplied in random lengths of 800 – 2800mm;
− Tongue and grooved on all four sides;
− Kiln dried to 8 +/-2 %;
− Bevel on 4 sides, approximately 1,5 x 1,5 mm;
− Surface – planed, knots are filled with two component filler and sanded twice with 100 and 120 grit sandpaper;
− Limit Deformation deviations: Bow and spring – ≤ 1% of board length;
− Limit Deformation deviation: Cuppig – ≤ 1% of board width;
− Unfinished/ Finished – oiled once or twice with hardwax oil;
− Shrink-wrapped packages: Each package contains 12 linear m of floorboards, 5 to 9 boards per one packet, medium length per packet – 1,70m.

 

NATUR/RUSTIC GRADE MAY CONTAIN:
− All Natural Color variations ( < 60% from board surface);
− Sapwood (in 140 mm and 120 mm wide boards);
− Live knots filled with filler, drying cracks Ø < 75mm;
− Out fallen knot holes, filled with filler Ø < 15mm;
− Out fallen knot holes, filled with filler Ø < 30mm;
− Heartwood;
− Processing defects – unplaned back, half tongue;
− Cracks filled with filler;
− Insect damages.

 

SELECT GRADE MAY CONTAIN:
− All Natural Color variations ( < 60% from board surface);
− Live knots filled with filler, drying cracks Ø < 20mm;
− Heartwood;
− Processing defects – unplained back, half tongue;
− Cracks filled with filler.

 

PREMIUM GRADE MAY CONTAIN:
− All Natural Color variations ( < 60% from board surface);
− Pinhole knots up to 2 mm;
− Processing defects – unplained back, half tongue.